CHA-CHA VINAIGRETTE WITH GRILLED VEGETABLES
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
Pair this grilled vegetable dish with a fragrant, pear-scented Pinot Grigio. Inspired by Chef Curtis Stone, this hearty knife-and-fork salad serves big chunks of grilled vegetables with a mix of peppery greens. Keep the skins on the avocados for easy grilling, so be sure to rinse and dry them beforehand.
- 6 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
- 3 tablespoons, il Fustino Cha-Cha Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons, shallot – minced
- Kosher salt
FOR GRILLED VEGETABLES:
- 1 pound, thin asparagus
- 4 heirloom tomatoes – quartered lengthwise
- 2 medium, zucchini – halved lengthwise
- 2 unpeeled Hass avocados – quartered and pitted
- 2 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO – for grilling
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
FOR SALAD GREENS:
- 5 ounces, mixed baby greens – such as baby kale and mustard greens (8 cups)
- 1/4 cup, toasted hazelnuts – chopped
Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk all of the ingredients until well blended.
Grilled Vegetables: Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus, tomatoes, zucchini, avocados and oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until tender, 2 minutes for the asparagus and avocados and about 5 minutes for the tomatoes and zucchini. Cool.
Salad: Arrange the greens on a platter. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and top with the hazelnuts.
Serve salad with the grilled vegetables and the remaining vinaigrette.