Author: Jody Kirkley
Delicious and simple this soup can be made in minutes and can be a meal in itself
2 cans, garbanzo beans
4 cups, Chicken broth
1 sprig, Fresh rosemary
1 clove, garlic – whole
1 small, hot chili pepper
3 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper – to taste
truffle oil – to taste
- Heat olive oil in large high sided pot
- Add garlic clove, chili pepper and rosemary sprig, cook for a minute or two but do not brown garlic
- Add the cans of garbanzo beans with liquid and 3 cups of chicken stock, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium and cook mixture for 20 – 25 minutes — there should be only a few bubbles. Add more stock if necessary.
- Remove one fourth of the garbanzo beans and set aside. Remove the chili pepper and strip the remaining rosemary from the sprig.
- With a blending wand, puree the liquid and the remaining garbanzo beans in the pot. When done return the reserved garbanzo beans to the pot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve in bowls.
- Drizzle with truffle oil over the top of each bowl for that extra touch.
You may add bits of broken spaghetti or cubes of toasted day-old bread. The pasta should be added after the puree occurs. Cook the pasta in the pureed broth about 10 minutes.