CHICKEN IN ROASTED PEPPER AND BLACKBERRY VINEGAR
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
- 3 1/2 pounds, chicken drumsticks and thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons, unsalted butter
- 1 head, garlic – broken and peeled cloves
- 1 cup, il Fustino Roasted Pepper & Blackberry vinegar
- 1 pound, tomatoes – roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon, tomato paste
- 4 sprigs, fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs, fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup, chicken stock
- fresh parsley
Throughly dry chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter on medium/high in a large skillet until forming, then, a few pieces at a time, brown the chicken well on all sides.
Remove the chicken to a plate.Add the garlic to the pan and cook about 5 minutes.
Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and boil to reduce by half, 10 to 15 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan and add the tomatoes and tomato paste
Using a piece of kitchen twine, tie together the thyme, parsley and bay leaf. Add the herb bundle to the chicken and simmer, uncovered, until the meat falls from the bone, about 30 minutes
Transfer the chicken to a dish, cover, and keep warm
Pour the stock into the pan juices and boil until thickened, about 10 minutes
Strain into a saucepan, Whisk in the remaining tablespoon of butter, correct seasoning and pour over chicken, garnish with fresh chopped parsley.