Author: Giada De Laurentiis
This easy recipe cooks in minutes and is delicious. Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
2 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO
1 pound, chicken cutlets (scallopine)
2 shallots – sliced
1 clove, garlic – minced
1/2 cup, white wine
1 1/2 cups, chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon, saffron threads or saffron spray
1/2 cup, heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon, salt
1/4 teaspoon, freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons, chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to serving plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the shallot and the garlic and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Using a wooden spoon, scrape all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine is almost evaporated.
- Add the chicken broth and saffron threads, bring to a simmer and reduce for 10 minutes. Add the cream, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for 1 minute to blend the flavors. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
If using the saffron spray, spray it on after the cream is cooked and just before pouring over the chicken. Use about a teaspoon of the spray.