Simple and oh so good
Goes great with hamburgers or meatloaf.
1 tablespoon, il Fustino avocado oil
1 teaspoon, cumin seed
1 teaspoon, coriander seed
2 teaspoons, curry powder
1 teaspoon, fresh ginger – minced
1 clove, garlic – smashed
1 head, cauliflower – cut into florets
1 cup, water
1 cup, il Fustino Pomegranate Vinegar
1/2 cup, cider vinegar
2 teaspoons, kosher salt
- Heat the avocado oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Crush the cumin seed and coriander seed and add to the pan. Add the curry powder, garlic, ginger, and garlic to the pan.
- Cook these spices until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Add the water, pomegranate vinegar, cider vinegar and kosher salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes to soften the cauliflower a bit.
- Pick out the cauliflower and place into a sterilized jar. Pour the pickling liquid over the cauliflower, filling to the top of the jar.
- Seal, cool, chill, and store pickles for 1 week to allow the flavors to develop thoroughly.