Author: Emeril Lagasse
Rich and creamy with tasty bits of prosciutto and peas, this is the ultimate comfort food
1 pound, Fettuccine pasta
2 tablespoons, il Fustino EVOO (Tuscan preferred)
1 medium, onion – diced
3 cloves, garlic – minced
2 ounces, prosciutto – cut in 1/4″ slices
1/4 cup, dry white wine
1 1/2 cups, heavy cream
3/4 cup, frozen sweet peas
1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup, Parmigiano-Reggiano – grated
1/4 cup, fresh parsley – chopped
- Set a large pot of water with a pasta insert over high heat and bring to a boil. Add enough salt to the water to make it taste like sea water.
- Place pasta in water and return to a boil, being sure to stir the pasta until the water boils again.
- While the pasta cooks, set a large 12-inch saute pan over medium high heat, and add the olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onions to the pan and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Place the prosciutto in the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the cream, peas, and pepper to the pan and let the cream reduce by half, 4 to 5 minutes.
- If the pasta is not done, turn the fire off the sauce while pasta continues to cook.
- Strain the pasta and add to the sauce. Toss in the cheese and parsley.
- Use tongs or two large forks to serve while hot.
You many use spaghetti, tagliatelle, linguine, or any other long flat pasta for this dish.