Healthy and very tasty and no mess to clean up afterwards.
1/2 red onion – julienned
1 zucchini – julienned
1 large, carrot – julienned
1 clove, garlic – minced
1 tablespoon, il Fustino EVOO (preferably Tuscan Blend)
kosher salt – to taste
freshly ground black pepper – to taste
4 4 ounce, fillets (sole, Pacific Cod, flounder or tilapia)
1 lemon – thinly sliced
8 sprigs, fresh thyme
4 pats, butter
1/4 cup, white wine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the onion, zucchini, carrot, and garlic. Add the oil, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Put each fish fillet in a large square of parchment paper and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the vegetables on top, dividing evenly.
- Top the vegetables with 2 lemon slices, 2 sprigs thyme, a pat of butter and 1 tablespoon white wine, layering in order.
- Fold the parchment paper around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape. Make sure you press as you crimp and fold to seal the packets well, otherwise the steam will escape.
- Arrange the packets on a baking sheet. Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- To serve, cut open the packets and serve directly in the parchment on a plate or remove the fish to the plate using a spatula, being sure you don’t leave the juices behind.
Serve with rice pilaf.