Author: Laura S. Kirkley
You may roast the garlic, giving the dish a nutty taste and a more mild flavor without that raw garlic bite. Or simply add 2 heaping teaspoons of Garlic-it Caramelized Garlic and leave out the salt.
1 can, garbanzo beans – drained, water reserved
1/4 cup, il Fustino extra virgin olive oil (Preferably in the full bodied assertive oil category.)
5 cloves, garlic – peeled and optionally roasted
1/2 teaspoon, kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon, red pepper flakes – crushed
1/2 teaspoon, cumin powder
1 lemon – halved and pitted
- Place garbanzo beans, garlic, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and cumin to a food processor and pulse until integrated.
- With processor running at steady speed, add oil slowly.
- Add in small amounts, as needed, reserved garbanzo bean liquid until the mixture reaches a creamy consistency.
- Add lemon to taste.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Plate with Pita triangles.