OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
Especially delicious served over polenta
- 1/4 cup, il Fustino EVOO (Tuscan Blend preferred)
- 1 each, eggplant – cubed – 1/2 inch
- 1 head, garlic – broken into cloves
- 1 large, onion – chopped coarsely
- 4 medium, zucchini – cubed – 1/2 inch
- 3 cups, mushrooms – cut in half
- 1 red pepper – coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons, parsley – chopped
- 28 ounces, canned tomatoes – coarsely chopped
- 12 sprigs, fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon, dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons, sugar
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425.
In a large roasting pan add eggplant, onion and garlic. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to lightly coat.
Toss. Season liberally with kosher salt and black pepper.
Place in oven for 20 minutes. Toss occasionally.
Add zucchini, pepper and mushrooms, a bit more salt and pepper and roast for 10 minutes.
Add canned tomatoes with liquid and sugar and a bit more salt.
Let roast for 15 – 20 more minutes continuing to toss occasionally. When liquid is mostly gone it is ready to serve.