For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
- 1 each, eggplant – cubed – 1/2 inch
- 1 head, garlic – broken into cloves
- 1 large, onion – chopped coarsely
- 4 medium, zucchini – cubed – 1/2 inch
- 4 tablespoons, parsley – chopped
- 2 cans, tomato – cut 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 sprigs, fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon, dry oregano
- 2 teaspoons, sugar
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425.
In a large roasting pan add eggplant, onion and garlic. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to lightly coat.
Toss. Season liberally with kosher salt and black pepper, add thyme.
Place in oven for 20 minutes. Toss occasionally.
Add zucchini and roast for 10 minutes.
Add canned tomatoes with liquid and sugar and a bit more salt. Add oregano. Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
Let roast for 15 – 20 more minutes continuing to toss occasionally. When liquid is mostly gone it is ready to serve. Add parsley and toss.