For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
- 1 1/2 tablespoons, il Fustino Arbequina EVOO – or equivalent
- 1/4 cup, onion – diced
- 1/2 teaspoon, garlic – minced
- 1 cup, white rice
- 1 1/2 cups, chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon, saffron threads or saffron spray
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, parsley – chopped
Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan (that has a lid).
Add the onion and garlic and cook until just soft.
Add in the rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the broth, saffron, and parsley. If using saffron spray add 1 teaspoon.
Cover and reduce the heat to low.
Cook for 15-18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Fluff with a fork before serving.
If using the spray saffron you should add it during the cooking process before the rice is covered.