CREAMY ZUCCHINI BASIL SOUP
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
Author: Leslie (The Accidental Chef) Thomas
- 3 tablespoons, raw cashews – soaked in water at outset
- 2 pounds, green zucchini – chopped
- 1 large, Vidalia onion – chopped small
- 4 cloves, garlic – minced
- 3 cups, low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon, salt (if broth low salt)
- 1/3 cup, fresh basil leaves, packed down, plus extra
- 2 tablespoons, nutritional yeast (for cheesy flavor)
- 2 tablespoons, il Fustino Basil Olive Oil
- 1 14-ounce can, Cannellini beans – rinsed & drained
- drizzles of, il Fustino Aged Balsamic
Soak cashews in water when starting recipe.
Cook onion in a large saucepan for 5-10 minutes, until softened. Add garlic & cook for another minute.
Stir in the chopped zucchini, & cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add the broth, pepper, & salt; simmer until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes
Pour into a blender (in 2 batches, don’t fill more than halfway). Then add the rinsed/drained cashews, basil leaves, basil oil, nutritional yeast & blend until smooth. Taste for salt.
Return blended soup to the pot on low heat, add beans; pour into bowls when beans are warmed
Drizzle Aged Balsamic over the top of each bowl & decorate with a few extra basil leaves.