PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
This wonderful version of pimento cheese can be used for grilled cheese sandwiches, as a dip for crudite, as a spread for crackers or on a slice of crusty French bread. Try it on your next hamburger.[/recipe-notes]
- 2 cups, shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces, cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 cup, mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon, garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon, cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon, onion powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper – seeded and minced
- 1 4 ounce jar, diced pimiento – drained
Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until soft.
Add the remaining ingredients and beat until creamy and combined.
Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
*We actually prefer to use a blender to cream everything because we do not like the consistency that results from using just the hand mixer, but that is just us. Try it with the hand mixer first.*