For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
Polenta and broccoli rabe pair well in many Italian dishes. Here we give the pairing a new twist as a pizza. Gluten-free.
- 2 cups, Instant Polenta
- 1 tablespoon, Instant Polenta
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon, garlic salt
- 6 tablespoons, parmesan cheese – grated
- 3 tablespoons, il Fustino EVOO (preferably Tuscan Blend)
- 4 cloves, garlic – sliced
- 1 bunch, broccoli rabe – tough stems removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 15 ounces, ricotta cheese
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a 14 pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with 1 tbsp of the polenta
Bring 6 cups water to boiling. Add 1 1/4 tsp of the salt and the garlic powder. Slowly add polenta in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in 3 tbsp of the parmesan cheese. Spread onto prepared pizza pan. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large, lidded skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add broccoli rabe and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to medium-high and cook an additional 3 minutes until just tender.
Spread ricotta over polenta, leaving a 1 inch border. Scatter broccoli rabe and garlic over ricotta. Top with remaining 3 tbsp parmesan.
Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt; cut into wedges and serve.
Sprinkle the tablespoon of Instant Polenta on the pizza pan to keep the rest from sticking.