PROVENCAL OLIVES WITH LEMON AND OREGANO
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
Author: Laura S. Kirkley
- 2 cups, Picholine Olives (8 to 10 ounces)
- zest of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup, white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup, il Fustino Mission EVOO
- 1 tablespoon, fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons, dried oregano
Place olives in a medium bowl.
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer turn off heat and add the oregano. Pour over the olives, add lemon zest and toss. Let olives marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
The olives may be made 1 week ahead and kept refrigerated in an airtight container. Return to room temperature before servings
Fresh lemon juice and zest give these olives a tart flavor and refreshing citrus aroma.