For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
Author: Laura S. Kirkley
This is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey.
- 1 pound, pasta – cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons, il Fustino EVOO
- 1 medium, yellow onion – chopped
- 1 small can, sliced button mushrooms or 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced – drained
- 4 cloves, garlic – minced
- 1/2 cup, white wine
- 1 can, cream of mushroom soup
- 3 sprigs, fresh thyme
- 1 cup, sour cream
- 1 pound, turkey or chicken – shredded
- 1 cup, frozen peas – thawed (optional)
- 1/2 cup, breadcrumbs – preferably panko
- 1/2 cup, Parmesan cheese – shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare pasta according to directions.
On stovetop heat olive oil over medium heat
Add onions and mushrooms. Saute until onions and mushrooms are browned
Add garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds
Add white wine and reduce to half
Add mushroom soup, thyme and sour cream, heat until bubbling
Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove thyme stems.
Fold in pasta, meat and peas if using.
Spoon mixture into buttered 9X13 inch baking pan
Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil.
Bake in 350 degree preheated oven until bubbling and a top crust has formed, 20 to 30 minutes.
The pasta you use can be spaghetti, linguine, penne, even macaroni works.