CHILLED STRAWBERRY SOUP
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
- 1 cup, orange juice
- 1/2 tsp, vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup, raw cashews – softened in water when starting prep
- 2/3 cup, vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1 pint basket (12 oz by weight), strawberries – washed & hulled
- 2 tablespoons, fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons, lime juice
- 3 tablespoons, il Fustino Mimosa Vinegar
In a medium size pot, add orange juice, vanilla, & cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, & simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour into a bowl, toss cinnamon stick, & cool completely (can throw into the frig for 30 minutes).
Put almond milk & rinsed/drained cashews into food processor; blend until creamy & smooth.
Add strawberries & mint & blend again until smooth. Refrigerate until cold (at least 2 hours)
Serve topped with mint sprig & sliced strawberry fanned out, & optionally a bit of reserved cashew cream.