AUTUMN WILD RICE SALAD WITH PUMPKIN SPICE VINAIGRETTE
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
- 2 ½ cups, cooked wild rice (We used one package from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup, pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 3 cups, kale (torn and stems removed)
- ¾ cup, dried cranberries
- ¾ cup, pepitas (salted)
- ¼ cup, il Fustino Lucca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup, applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp, il Fustino Pumpkin Spice Balsamic
- ½ tbsp, maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil. Spread the chopped pecan pieces onto the baking sheet.
Bake pecans for 9 minutes stirring half way through to avoid burning. Set aside to cool.
Heat 1 teaspoon of il Fustino Lucca Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium high heat. Add kale and sauté for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl combine wild rice, cranberries, pepitas, baked pecans and sautéed kale.
To make the dressing add the il Fustino Lucca Extra Virgin Olive Oil, applesauce, il Fustino Pumpkin Spice Balsamic and maple syrup to a blender and blend until combined.
Serve the salad with 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing drizzled over the top.
*Tip: Add a cup of cubed rotisserie chicken to make a full meal.