YELLOWTAIL WITH SB CHIMICHURRI
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
- 1 small share Yellowtail from Get Hooked – about 12 ounces
- salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 tbsp, il Fustino Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Chimichurri:
- 3, scallions
- 1/2 small, shallot
- 2 cloves, garlic
- 1 inch knob, fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp, il Fustino Kaffir Lime & Ginger Vinegar
- 1, small jalapeno – optional
- 1/2 tsp, kosher salt – more to taste
- 2 cups, fresh herbs – We used a blend of Italian parsley, cilantro, basil and a few mint leaves.
- 2/3 cup, il Fustino Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp, il Fustino Toasted Sesame Oil
Pat yellowtail fillets dry with a paper towel and lightly season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat EVOO over medium-high and place the fillets skin side down in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes and then flip and cook the top side for another 2-3 minutes. be careful not to over cook the yellowtail, fillets should be just firm.
Once the yellowtail is cooked let while you prepare the chimichurri.
For the Chimichurri: Add all the ingredients to a food processor except the olive oil. Add the toasted sesame oil to the EVOO. Pulse the food processor a few times until everything is coarsely chopped. Stream the oil mixture slowly into the food processor and continue to pulse to incorporate until all the oil is added. Taste and adjust salt depending on preference.
Spoon chimichurri over the fillets and serve. Enjoy!