FIG & GOAT CHEESE SALAD WITH BITTER DRESSING
For more recipes visit recipes.ilfustino.com
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup, il Fustino EVOO
- 2 tbsp, il Fustino Casa Rangoni White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp, honey
- 1/2 tbsp, Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp, Old Fashioned Aromatic Bitters
- salt and pepper – to taste
For the salad:
- 1 head, butter lettuce
- 1/2 small, shallot – thinly sliced
- 3 small, figs
- 1/4 cup, crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup, Nutkrack Candied Pecans
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined, about 4 minutes, set aside.
Wash and cut the butter lettuce into bite-sized pieces, slice the figs into wedges and add to a mixing bowl. Top with the crumbled goat cheese, sliced shallot and candied pecans.
Pour the bitter dressing over the top of the salad and toss to evenly distribute.